Time to plant peas. Yes, Peas are very cold & frost hardy.
- Ensure good germination by presprouting between layers of damp newspaper. You must be prepared to plant them as soon as they sprout.
- or, plant in small pots to set out as soon as they’ve come up.
- Traditional is shelling. These are Granny’s favorites in the flavor department. Take some work getting out of the shell. Nothing better than grazing the garden for immediate consumption.
- Next type is snap peas. They can be eaten pod & all. Harvest after peas have filled the pods for best flavor. Yes, they are good eatin’ in the garden, too.
- For Asian cooking, Snow Peas are what you want. Flat podded and harvested before the peas fill out. Traditional in stir fry.
Come on in and get your seeds so you are ready to plant the moment you are ready.
See you in the pea patch.
Commonwealth Garden Shoppe
452 N. Main St., Canyonville, OR 97417